Review of Klutzin’ Around the Christmas Tree: A Holiday Anthology: In A NUTSHELL

THE BOOK REPORT.


‘Klutzin’ Around the Christmas Tree’ is a wonderful collection of Christmas stories from places far away and earlier times to the present full of hope and wonder edited by Marie McGaha.
I couldn’t put this book down. I laugh aloud and mused over these stories remembering my own Christmas’ past.
I enjoyed the family antics of getting the tree decorated, Christmas on  the farm including birthing a calf, a group of children coming together to save Christmas, the heartwarming story of a boy’s best friend lost, a miraculous war-torn Christmas, the adorable mishaps of a Christmas pageant, and one on how many of us feel about the obligations of visiting our families at Christmas and with an idea that, I think, just might work on how to dealing with them.
The book is a gem written by a group of talented authors and published by Dancing With Bear Publishing. 
I plan to read the other two Anthologies in Dancing With Bear Publishing’s collection.

That's  Klutzin’ Around the Christmas Tree: In A NUTSHELL 
                                                                                              ~ J.D. Holiday 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, and yes it is a wonderful book...though I have to admit I'm a bit prejudice...:)
    Have a great Holiday Season...
    Cheers,
    Alan W. Jankowski.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: book review request by award-winning author

    Dear J.D.,

    I'm an award-winning author with a new book of fiction out last month.
    Ugly To Start With is a series of thirteen interrelated stories about
    teen life published by West Virginia University Press.

    All the stories in my collection have been previously published in
    well-regarded print and online literary magazines such as The Iowa
    Review, Passager, The Bitter Oleander, Confrontation, Salt River
    Review, The Foliate Oak. and The Cortland Review.

    Can I interest you in reviewing it?

    If you write me back at johnmcummings@aol.com, I can email you a PDF of my book. If you require a bound copy, please ask, and I will forward your reply to my publisher. Or you can write directly to Abby Freeland at:

    Abby.Freeland@mail.wvu.edu

    My publisher, I should add, can also offer your readers a free excerpt of my book through a link from your blog to my publisher's website:
    http://wvupressonline.com/cummings_ugly_to_start_with_9781935978084

    Here’s what Jacob Appel, celebrated author of
    Dyads and The Vermin Episode, says about my new collection: "In Ugly to Start With, set in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, Cummings tackles the challenges of boyhood adventure and family conflict in a taut, crystalline style that captures the triumphs and tribulations of small-town life. He has a gift for transcending the particular experiences to his characters to capture the universal truths of human affection and suffering--emotional truths that the members of his audience will recognize from their own experiences of childhood and adolescence.”

    My short stories have appeared in more than seventy-five literary journals, including North American Review, The Kenyon Review, Alaska Quarterly Review, and The Chattahoochee Review. Twice I have been nominated for The Pushcart Prize. My short story "The Scratchboard Project" received an honorable mention in The Best American Short Stories 2007.

    I am also the author of the nationally acclaimed coming-of-age novel The Night I Freed John Brown (Philomel Books, Penguin Group, 2009), winner of The Paterson Prize for Books for Young Readers (Grades 7-12) and one of ten books recommended by USA TODAY.

    For more information about me, please visit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Michael_Cummings

    Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

    Kindly,

    John Michael Cummings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JD, I just found your blog and signed up to follow. It's a lovely blog and I like the sound of this Klutzin Around the Christmas tree book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa Ann!

    Thank you for following! I'm now following you too!

    Best
    JD

    ReplyDelete