THE GREAT SNOWBALL ESCAPADE was up for the SCBWI Crystal Kite Award

My latest book, THE GREAT SNOWBALL ESCAPADE was up for the SCBWI Crystal Kite Award,   but it did not make it to the second round. I want to THANK, SINCERELY all my friends who voted for it!

For those of you who don't know, I publish my books myself.  SCBWI, in the past, has not recognized many self-published books for their contests and I was told that my book wouldn't be in this contest.
But last Saturday, March 12th, 2011, I found that SCBWI had added my book for the award!

 I was PLEASANTLY surprised!  In my opinion, this is really big for them to do. AND this would have been a bigger thing for me if my book win! BUT being nominated has been a REALLY BIG deal for me, TOO!
It says, as my friend, Susan Rundle-Hughes told me, it proves my book is well thought of and, Sue added, loved!

I've heard people who are up for awards say, "It's really great JUST to be nominated."
I can't agree more! I feel wonderful about the support I have recieved!

YES, I have GREAT FRIENDS! Glad I was able to share this with them.

So we won't say anything more about tweeting friends for vote!  (JUST A LITTLE JOKE TO MY FRIENDS! :D)

SINCERELY,

JD Holiday

2 comments:

  1. Being nominated is a huge honor Jan! The message your book delivers obviously carried great importance over previous protocol. Take pride in your accomplishment in positively reaching your peers and your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Paula, and I do! Thank you, Paula for your support, Friend! :D

    ReplyDelete