My Broken Ankle!

Some of you may know already that I broke my ankle playing freeze tag with my 4 and a half year old grandson in May. My grandson, Luke feels bad and I told him is wasn't his fault, but he quickly became my doctor and got to work using his "Handy Manny" tools on my ankle.


                    Here is the BOOT. Isn't it beautiful.
                       (See that gorgeous knee!)
The doctor put my foot in the BOOT which at first, for me, was terrible. It rubbed against the ankle and made it worse.




The first two weeks where the hardest with the pain and not getting around very well! I tried the crutches which were not fun. The third week I went to a walker and am hobbling around happily now.




       I have an old cloth bag from the 1989 Bouchercon (XX) Conference tied to the walker,



just to make it easy to carry around all the things I need and stay off my foot.
With only 2 weeks to go before I can walk again, though I'm using the foot in the BOOT more and more each day,  I'm getting back to work on my next book and setting up Janoose The Goose and The Great Snowball Escapade for the iPAD!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that boot is something! Hope your ankle will mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula!
    Thank you! Very day I can tell I'm doing better. I can now move my foot inside the boot without it hurting.
    Talk again,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, hope it will heal well.
    Thanks for sending me the book I won at the "Blog Jog" in May. Good writing, the best of luck to you in the future! Namaste,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria!
    My ankle is doing better now. Thank you!
    So glad you liked The Great Snowsnow Escapade.
    I can't tell you how great it is to hear that.
    Talk again, Marie,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your ankle has recovered now, Jan! I can imagine your little Luke using his "Handy Manny" tools on you! I think I told you I have a grandson Luke too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie!
    It was cute eventhough the ankle hurt (he didn't
    touch it though)watching him be the doctor. Yes and I think your Luke and mine are the same age.
    Luke will be 5 years in October.
    Hope you are having a good summer.
    Talk later, Connie.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete