Blog JOG DAY: My Painting, CATCHING THE BREEZE by JD Holiday

Free Give-A-Way DRAWING


for 3 lucky Joggers!

Signed copies of my book:

THE GREAT SNOWBALL ESCAPADE


 Just leave a comment on this blog entry (below) and the winners with be announce Monday night, 5-10-10!





Started this painting May 5th. It's  called, CATCHING THE BREEZE!
I used Corel Painter Essentials, the Impressionist and Smeary Round brushes.
The sky is Powder blue. The Clouds are Titanium white, Light raw umber and lightened and darkened them with the color wheel tool for the clouds as well as adding some Meduim spring Bud and June bud greens.


The far ocean color is Olive green with the Impressionist Brush, waves are Itiamium white with the
Smeary round brush. The sand is Light raw Umber again lightened and darkened using the color wheel tool. 


~


Catching The Breeze!


The woman's shirt is Tea green with dark green shades. Her shorts are Cabalt Blue and Prussian Blue. Skin is Pale pink and lighter, andRose Dove to shade the skin.

I have a great admiration for the Impressionist painters. They worked hard to achieve their desired affect. Now, today, with the use of Corel Painter Essential (a wonderful tool!) I get to try and replicate their style in my own work and knowing I will never reach their spectacular achevements no matter how hard I try. ~ JD Holiday




If you would like to visit a different Blog in the jog, go to http://blogjogday.blogspot.com/.

24 comments:

  1. WOW! You did that on the computer?! I can't even begin to try something like that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, came for a visit but no links on other blogs, I think time zones were forgotten! :0)
    Kind regards, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful artwork! Love it!
    Lynn
    http://lynndove.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ChariDee, Thank you so much! Glad you like it.
    Jan

    Hi Carole,
    There is only the link that follows me. At that link, you will find the next link and so on, from link to link.
    Here is the link AFTER mine:
    http://blackvelvetseductions.com/readers_blog/
    Thank you for coming by!
    Jan


    Hi Lynn,
    Thanks you! :D
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm blogjogging around with you all! Wow these are great drawings. I'd love to have a chance to win one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great drawings!

    Barbara Techel
    Award winning author of the Frankie the Walk ‘N Roll Dog Book Series
    My passion is bringing a positive face and voice to animals with disabilities
    Frankie is Wisconsin Pet Hall of Fame Companion Dog
    http://www.joyfulpaws.com
    http://www.frankiethewalknrolldog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't know one could use a computer to make such cool art.

    Glad I jogged by today.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you on Blog Jog, became a follower. Nice paintings. Thank you for the opportunity to win a book from your blog.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your artwork is beautiful! Very inspirational and moving!!!
    Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful art work. Love youe site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day!!! Thank you for the chance to explore some great blogs...



    dsublady at aol dot com :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great art!! To be that talented!! Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

    Great jog blogging day!!
    Judy
    magnolias_1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. impressed with your drawing! Always wished I could draw/paint/whatever. The only ones who are impressed with my artistic talents, though, are under 6 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so very talented! I especially like your artwork, and I too love impressionists. Although my favourite artist is Oswaldo Guayasamin, an indiginous artist from Ecuador who painted the pain of the people in surrealism.

    Laura Ann Dunks

    http://www.lauraanndunks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have great talent! Can I learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like you? I've become a follower. Come check out my blog and see if you like it enough to follow it as well, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Everyone!
    I want to thank you all for coming by and your kind words. Glad you like my artwork.
    I'm humbled.

    I will post the 3 winners of my book, THE GREAT SNOWBALL ESCAPADE tomorrow night, here and email them (if I have the email address) as well. My grandson will pick out the 3 names from a hat! REALLY!

    Sincerely
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the artwork! Had no idea you could create something so beautiful with a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey J,
    I'm sitting at the beach right now and it looks perfect with these pics!
    Thanks for Blog Jogging with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful please enter me in your contest

    meandi09@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog and artwork. Working on a chapter book now myself, not quite as long. So much fun isn't it. I love it.

    www.UncleTeeBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jan, your blog is lovely. Here's hoping I win! Happy jogging.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Everyone!
    Thank you all for coming by and for your kind words about my work.
    I did add everyone to the drawing and the winners are:
    1. Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith
    2. ChariDee
    3. Swedish Yogini

    Congratulation! Marilyn, CharieDee and Swedish Yogini, please email me at jdholiday@comcast.net your addresses and how you would like the book signed.
    Best Wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete