My Latest Painting- EARLY MORNING MIST

   
FROM THE PAINT BOX:

          I saw a picture in a magazine and couldn't tell if it was a photo or a painting! The artist's, neither photographer or painter, use of black to form the trees intrigued me because her or he did not use any light on the trees at all. Of course, I seen this used before but I thought the trees needed highlights. I sat at my computer and using Corel Paint Essentials and ideas of my own, I painted Early Morning Mist.
~
art by JD Holiday
Picked and mixed color.
~

art by JD Holiday

I added the trees in the mist using a darker shade of the same color after I
blended the lines between the shades of bluegreens and black.
For the final painting I added some red in the sky, using a brush called Simple Watercolor which does not smear anything you paint over, and you will see that I move the black background into the lower part of the treeline mist.
Then I added three trees in the front of the painting all in black and the new light of day on their branches and on the ground behind them and on the green lawn in front with the dandelions. 
~
FINISHED
EARLY MORNING MIST


7 comments:

  1. Hi J.D. The original picture reminds me of some photos that I took of the Smokey Mts. I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Peggy! And thank you for connecting on Jacketflap!
    Best Wishes
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Jan! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi J.D.,
    I loved the “early morning mist”!
    It made me want to wake up really early tomorrow morning and capture that scene with my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Lua!

    Best Wishes
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

JD's Artwork!

www.flickr.com
Jd (Jan) Holiday's itemsGo to Jd (Jan) Holiday's photostream

MY SITE!